9th EACL Springschool in Chinese Linguistics
Università degli Studi Roma Tre
Via Ostiense, 159
- 00154 Rome, Italie
What seminar series will be offered?
- Federico Masini & Chiara Romagnoli: Chinese lexicon and lexicography: Diachronic perspective and synchronic description Daniel Kadar: Talking ABOUT Chinese language: An introduction into Chinese meta-pragmatics
- Victor Pan & Linda Badan: Syntax of Modern Chinese: A generative introduction to topic, focus and wh-questions
- In addition to these seminars, two lectures on general linguistics will be given by Raffaele Simone (lexicon) and Mara Frascarelli (syntax). All participants are required to participate in all the
- three seminar series and lectures.
Who can apply? The EACL Spring School in Chinese Linguistics is organized for M.A. and Ph.D. students in Chinese linguistics affiliated to European universities. Applications that do not fit into these criteria (e.g.postdocs, young academics) may be considered if limitations allow.
How much is it to participate?
An attendance fee of 75-100 € will be charged (pending budget approval).
Accommodation and lunches are included in theattendance fee (pending budget approval).
Travel and local transportation are covered by participants.
All participants, except for M.A. students, are required to be EACL members, or join the Association, at the time of registration. Membership fee for students is EUR 15 (see the EACL website forfurther details).
How can the payment of fees be processed? Membership fees and attendance fees can be paid by money order, bank transfer or in cash atregistration for the Spring School.
(i) Good command of spoken and written Chinese andEnglish.
(ii) Proven interest in Chinese linguistics
Application process for Ph.D. students and MA-students
Candidates must send a PDF document which includes 2 parts listed below.
(I) an academic C.V. containing the following information:
1. Name and contact information (including M(ale)/F(emale) for the dorms).
2. Name of the university and the course you are registered in, name of your advisor / main teacher in Chinese linguistics. No recommendation is required from your advisor to apply.
3. Information on your previous academic training, including precisions on the year you started your Master/PhD course, and your training in linguistics and in Chinese (list of courses attended, including ects-points, which are relevant to the Spring School).
4. Main fields of interest, and the present topic of your Master/PhD research. List publications and oral presentations at conferences if any.
(II) A short motivation (10-15 lines): why do you want to take part? (The “motivation” is very important in the selection procedure).
Applications and questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EACL Springschool 2014”. Use the candidate's name as the filename for the PDF.
The EACL board deals with the applicationsand the selection process.
Applications must be sent before December 20, 2013. Late submissions will not be accepted. Prospective participants will be notified by February 1, 2014. The board of the EACL functions as admission committee.
These information may also be found on the EACL website: http://www.chineselinguistics.eu/main/
lundi 31 mars 2014 au
vendredi 4 avril 2014
Haut de page