Decision Making and Risks in Complex Environments
Institut des Systèmes Complexes Paris Île-de-France (ISC-PIF)
57-59 rue Lhomond
- 75005 Paris
Evénement proposé par les séminaires du CAMS : Workshop « Decision Making and Risks in Complex Environments ».
This one-day workshop intends to be the first of a series of events addressing issues in policy making in complex environments, with particular emphasis on systemic risks, on the ability (or not) to form expectations on the consequences of policies, on policy assessment and regulation issues. The general goal is to promote both interdisciplinary scientific studies, and interactions between the academic and the nonacademic worlds. The topics that will be discussed will not be limited to any specific domain: they may concern climate change, environmental management, health (pandemics) and other social issues, the global economy, financial markets, etc.
For the present workshop, the invited speakers are two (mathematical) economists and two (theoretical) physicists, and the talks will concern the impact of climate change on the economy, the dynamics of recession and recovery after a shock, and the (un)stability of the financial market. In addition, a nonacademic representative will present the related concerns of decision-makers in the private sector. There will be time for discussions, during long coffee breaks and during lunch taken at the workshop location.
- 10:00-11:00 Antoine Mandel [Univ. Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research] "Towards a multi-agent approach of climate policy assessment"
- 11:30-12:30 Damien Challet [Department of Physics, University of Fribourg] "The universal shape of economic recession and recovery after a shock"
Lunch at the ISC-PIF
- 14:30-15:00 Patrick Naïm [Finance-Innovation] (Title to be announced)
- 15:00-16:00 Matteo Marsili [The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste] "Eroding market stability by proliferation of financial instruments"
- 16:30-17:30 Alan Kirman [GREQAM, EHESS, Marseille] "Complex Systems approach to financial markets"
Venue : Institut des Systèmes Complexes Paris Île-de-France, 57-59 rue Lhomond, 75005, Paris
Open workshop . no registration fee
This workshop is a joint event of the Coordinate Action "Global System Dynamics and Policies" (GSD) - a project funded by the Future & Emerging Technologies division of the European Commission -, the Plan Pluri-Formations Complex systems in social sciences, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), and the Institut des Systèmes Complexes Paris - Ile-de-France (ISC-PIF).
Centre d'Analyse et de Mathématique Sociales (CAMS, UMR CNRS EHESS) and Institut des Systèmes Complexes Paris - Ile-de-France (ISC-PIF). Contact :
jeudi 29 avril 2010
Haut de page